Marketing for electricians
Electrician marketing strategies that have been proven to increase sales and leads.
Electrician Marketing Proven to Increase Leads & Sales
Marketing your company is no easy feat, particularly online. To create a successful electrician digital marketing strategy, you must first ask yourself this question, “Am I maximizing my online real estate and where my company is found on Google?” As an owner or key stakeholder in your company, there’s nothing worse than when your master electricians are sitting around the office, trucks parked, without any appointments.
A WINNING ELECTRICIAN’S DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY: FOUR KEY COMPONENTS
- Website Design and Development – Create a mobile-friendly website that is easily crawled by search engines, converts site visitors into new customer leads, and differentiates your brand online from the top competitors in your area.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Increase keyword rankings, improve your company’s search engine visibility, and create a long-term, sustainable lead generation engine.
- Local Services Ads (Google Guaranteed) – Maximize your online real estate by advertising at the very top of Google search results.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – Generate leads in the short- and long-term with paid ads on Google and Bing via Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords) and Microsoft Ads (formerly Bing Ads).
Looking for an internet marketing partner to help take your business to the next level? You’ve come to the right place. People are searching Google and Bing right now for an electrical company like yours. Will they find you or one of your competitors? Let Electric Marketing Group help you develop an electrician digital marketing strategy to drive more qualified local visitors to your site and convert those visitors into leads and sales—a complete solution to ensuring your phone will always ring.
Contact us today for more information about our digital marketing services for electricians, or keep reading to learn more about why Electric Marketing Group is the best digital marketing partner to market your electrical company.
Our Online Marketing Process for Electricians
Our process for digital marketing is similar to our approach to marketing in general: TRACK > TEST > TWEAK > REPEAT. Simply put, you can’t maximize what you fail to measure and track. Better data equals better results.
PERFORM A DIGITAL COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- You’ll know exactly how you stack up against the three top competitors in your service area
- You’ll receive custom digital marketing recommendations to increase keyword rankings, generate more website traffic, and how to fill the top of your sales funnel with high-quality, serviceable leads
- You’ll receive a baseline detailing the performance of your website’s code and structure, onsite content, search engine visibility, off-site business citations, and compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driven plan for your electrician digital marketing strategy
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
- Research the most-searched keywords homeowners in your service area use on Google
- Optimize your existing web pages and website content to generate higher rankings across search engines
- Publish SEO-friendly website content that improves your local search rankings and provides a seamless user experience
- Monitor, manage and optimize your company’s online directory listings (local SEO)
- Build high-authority backlinks to your website
LOCAL SERVICES ADS (GOOGLE GUARANTEED)
- Be found online at the right place, at the right time, at the very top of Google search results via Local Services ads.
- Connect with customers directly through the Local Services platform and pay for only the leads you receive from Google.
- Dispute (and get your money back from) unqualified leads such as leads outside of your desired service areas or leads requesting services your electrical company doesn’t offer.
PAY PER CLICK (PPC)
- Maximize your search engine visibility with Google Ads and Microsoft Ads.
- Target electrical keywords with high buying intent via paid ads.
- Create ad copy that entices searchers to click and visit your website.
- A/B test ad copy, call-to-actions, and more.
- Conduct industry-leading competitor research on ad copy and other elements of paid ads.
- Real-time PPC management for maximum campaign results and ROI.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- Craft engaging organic social media posts to differentiate your electrical company on the most popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Target social media followers and potential customers in your service areas via Facebook ads, Instagram ads, and more.
- Build an audience of loyal followers and engage with your social community across a variety of post types, from paid advertisements to fun, share-worthy videos, images, infographics, and more.
- Build opt-in email sign-ups directly from website contact forms to build your database of future customers.
- Design custom email templates for beautifully designed email newsletters, sales promotions, and more.
- Write email newsletters that convert readers into leads and stay top-of-mind with past, current, and future customers.
LEAD RECOVERY SERVICES
- Install tracked phone lines on all of your digital marketing campaigns.
- Listen to phone call recordings and identify lost sales opportunities.
- Alert your CSR team in real-time of missed opportunities, giving your team a second chance on closing new customer leads and more revenue.
TRACK, TEST, TWEAK, AND REPEAT
- Track the performance of your electrician marketing campaigns in greater detail than you’ve ever seen before.
- Test new ideas, proven strategies, and other internet marketing tactics most relevant to your company’s campaigns.
- Tweak and pivot your strategy as needed for continuous campaign improvements.
home service companies we serve
Electric Marketing Group (EMG) is a premier marketing agency specifically for home service contractors. We help home services companies create an authoritative presence online and implement digital marketing strategies that result in increased leads, sales, and raving fans.
Our passion is marketing the underdogs—the “challenger brands” in advertising speak.
- Data Driven Decisions
- Virtual Sales Rep
- Online Portfolio
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Competitive Advantage
Everything on the Web can—and should—be tracked. You can’t win the game if you don’t know the score. Capturing more accurate and granular information about the performance of each of your marketing strategies (traditional and online advertising) allows you to see opportunities and problem areas your competitors cannot. Your new marketing mantra should be: TRACK > TEST > TWEAK > REPEAT.
Too many business owners and companies (continue to) treat their website as if it were a digital brochure. Your website is NOT a brochure; it’s a virtual sales rep—an economic engine capable of catapulting your business to new levels of growth. Unlike a sales rep, your website will never ask you for a vacation or leave you for a higher-paying job. But like a sales rep, your website performs best when it is accurately measured and tracked; when it has clear goals, and when it is properly managed. Your website is your single most valuable marketing asset. Make sure you’re investing in it appropriately and that you have the right team in charge of overseeing and managing it.
The web is a real estate game. If you want to successfully market your business online, you need to cost-effectively maximize your Web “footprint.” You should start by maximizing your real estate in the search engine results because search engines are one of the few advertising channels where you can cost-effectively put your business directly in front of people with interest and intent. Every page of your website, social media site, niche blog, industry directory, etc. is another piece of real estate capable of converting visitors into leads.
To get more Web traffic and leads, you need to continually optimize your visit-to-sale conversion rate. The more effective your company’s sales process is, the more marketing options you have. If all other things are equal (average revenue per sale, gross margin, etc.), a company that converts twice as many Web visits into leads can afford to pay twice as much per click or visit. Being able to pay more per click or visit allows you to bid higher in the PPC listings and spend more on SEO—both of which ultimately result in more traffic and leads.
The most successful companies online are those that establish themselves as THE authority for what they do in their respective markets. Over an extended period of time, there is no marketing substitute capable of trumping genuine authority. With “traditional media,” big brands have a huge advantage because they can afford to “rent” access to a target audience from the few companies that control it. In the new media world of the web, this is no longer the case.
Businesses of all sizes have the opportunity to build their own audience (something you can own as opposed to renting). To build an audience, you need to create great content—content that delivers genuine value to your target market. To become an authority, you have to focus on your customers—not your competitors.
Determine Your True Marketing ROI with Advanced Analytics & Tracking
If you’re like most electricians, you don’t have the time or resources to waste on ineffective advertising strategies. That’s why at Electric Marketing Group, we accurately measure and track each and every advertising campaign (from pay per click to SEO to email newsletters and more) to find out which advertising and marketing strategies work and which should be changed or eliminated.
But don’t worry! You won’t receive loads of reports or spreadsheets to analyze! We understand that you’re busy running your electrical company and you simply don’t have time for that. That’s why we’ll also analyze your data and give you actionable recommendations to measurably improve your performance. At Electric Marketing Group, our marketing analytics services include:
- Ad tracking and measurement
- Custom research and analysis
- Phone call tracking and recording
- Conversion rate optimization
- Google Analytics consulting
- Website analytics and tracking
- And more!
Accurate measuring and tracking is truly the first step in marketing your electrician business online so you can truly quantify your marketing investments.
Maximize Your Online Real Estate
Don’t think of your website as a brochure; think of it as a virtual sales rep capable of generating massive amounts of leads and sales for your electrical company, often at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing and advertising. With that being said, how easy is it for potential customers who aren’t familiar with your brand to find your electrician website?
Think of where your customers spend their time on the Internet. Sure, many of them are using search engines to find your electrical services when they need them, but there’s definitely more to the story. At the highest level, Internet marketing success is a real estate game. Your goal should be to cost-effectively build, develop, and maintain as much real estate as you need to establish yourself as the authority in your industry.
Get Your Electrical Company on the First Page of Google
IMPROVE YOUR SEARCH ENGINE RANKINGS WITH SEO & CONTENT MARKETING
To rank well organically, you must establish and promote your local electrical company as THE authority for what you do, in the markets you do it. Ranking well on Google, Bing, and Yahoo! requires three things:
- First, your website must be coded in a way that makes it easy for the search engines’ software to find, crawl, and categorize your website. At Electric Marketing Group, our Web team specializes in designing websites and landing pages that are not only visually appealing, but also are highly optimized for search engines—allowing your electrical company to get more traffic, leads, and sales from the Web.
- Second, you must create Web page after Web page of unique, relevant, and remarkable content. Our content marketing team has extensive experience writing online content (including blogs, landing pages, press releases, e-mail newsletters, e-books, and more!) for electricians—so you won’t have to write a thing (unless you want to!).
- Third, you must promote your site to other relevant and authoritative websites and get them to link to, reference, and cite you as an authority. Unlike other SEO companies, you’ll never have to worry about us building shady links that will get you penalized by Google!
When you hire Electric Marketing Group as your electrical contractor’s SEO company and content marketing partner, you’ll receive a dedicated account manager as well as a support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated, professional copywriter. You’ll also receive detailed monthly reports that connect your website’s SEO performance to your electrical company’s bottom line.
MAXIMIZE YOUR SEARCH ENGINE REAL ESTATE WITH LOCAL SEARCH OPTIMIZATION
Did you know that nearly half of total Google search queries have local intent? In addition to improving your organic search engine listings with SEO services, if you own a local electrical company, it’s also vital that you optimize for Google’s local listings. These seven local listings often appear before the organic listings, leading to better click-through rates for your company from potential customers.
As an award-winning SEO company, we understand that the more listings you have on the first page of search results—including local listings, organic listings, and paid listings—the better. Our local SEO services will increase your electrical company’s visibility for geographically related searches.
PAY-PER-CLICK ADVERTISING FOR ELECTRICIANS
When a prospective customer needs to request service from a local electrician, where do they turn? The vast majority of Internet traffic is through search engines—like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Potential leads for your electric company are on Google right now searching for “outdoor lighting installation,” and “basement lighting,”—will they find your site? Pay-per-click (PPC) is a great way to drive more (local) visitors to your website and get more leads and sales.
In addition to local SEO and content marketing, PPC is a great way to make your company visible on the first page of search engine results. Once you set up your ads on Google AdWords, you’ll see your advertisement within a couple of hours and have complete control over budget, copy, and placement. When Electric Marketing Group manages your PPC account, we’ll handle everything—from keyword discovery and ad copy creation to bidding and ad split testing. That way, our PPC managers can continue their data-driven approach to success and you can continue expertly running your electric company.
ELECTRICIAN EMAIL MARKETING FROM ELECTRIC MARKETING GROUP
Email marketing is a perfect way to complement and enhance other types of marketing strategies such as pay-per-click, SEO, print, and TV. That’s where we can help.
Electric Marketing Group provides turnkey, “do it for me” email marketing solutions for electricians. We handle it all—from creating a customized email template that matches your overall company brand to creating action-oriented copy and promoting your campaigns. Our email marketing campaigns for electricians utilize custom, professionally designed email templates, remarkable conversion-oriented content, social media sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), advanced tracking and analytics tools, and website archiving features.
From formatting your email newsletter template and building an opt-in email list to crafting compelling copy and tracking your campaign results, our team of electrician email marketing specialists can help take your online marketing to the next level. If you are an electrician with an existing customer base, opt-in email marketing campaigns are guaranteed to increase referrals, leads, and sales.
What is Electrician Digital Marketing?
What is the actual definition of digital marketing for electricians? In a nutshell, digital marketing—also known as online marketing or internet marketing—is an umbrella term for all of your electrician marketing and engagement activities done online. The role of digital marketing is to help you get found, get noticed, get leads, and then turn those leads into booked jobs and returning customers.
Why Should Electricians invest in digital marketing?
About 97% of consumers in the U.S. go online to find a local electrician and, according to ConsumerBarometer, 40% of people only consider one local contractor before making a decision. If you want to connect with them and make sure you’re the electrician they choose, you have to have a better online presence than your competitors.
What digital marketing services do you provide electricians?
We provide a complete lineup of digital marketing services. Our best-performing electrician clients invest in SEO, website design, PPC, social media, email marketing, instant chat services, analytics and tracking, and video marketing.
What online marketing services are best for electricians?
Most electricians benefit from SEO, PPC, and website design as core services. Beyond that, your goals, service area, electrical services, and competitive landscape will all impact which digital marketing services are best for your electrical contracting company.
how much do electrician marketing services cost?
Depending on the package you choose, marketing services for electricians can run anywhere from $2,500 to over $10,000 per month.
What will your reporting and communication process be like?
We generate monthly reports for electricians with qualifying packages and guarantee responsiveness and attention to detail. Expectations for reporting and communication expectations are established during your intake call with your account manager.