Several business owners are considering having a website for their business, brilliant! But guess what, having a website is not enough in today’s competitive plumber business space. If you want to get your company in front of your right customers, by ranking high on the first page of Google, then you need to ‘SEO’ the web pages of your plumbing business website. This is the only way you are going to beat your competitors to that next customer.
It can be a difficult task if you are in the plumbing business attending to several customers for a long period of time. It could even be more than two years that you’ve been working at carving a niche for yourself. The good news is that, if you’ve been able to make it this far and your business hasn’t folded up yet, then you’re doing better than most plumbing businesses out there. Probably up to fifty percent of your competition may not match up with you.
That is not to say that being around for that long and being popular in the industry will always fetch you new customers to grow your business. It can be deceptive with your initial successes but you’ll begin to feel the inertia after some time. You will need to inject some new strategies if you want to stay consistent.
With the unthinkable level of competition out there, things can become very challenging. And you can’t really blame yourself for this. The world is moving at such a fast pace that everything is beginning to have an internet presence. Yes, everyone is resorting to searching for their needs on the internet.
Don’t think your loyal customer base who continuously patronizes your services can’t take a dive. Maybe because of your second to none services provided over the years, you’ve won their hearts and this has earned you this fame you pride yourself with today. Good things they say don’t come easy. It must have been a difficult road, but here you are. You sometimes feel amazed at your achievements.
There’s no harm in taking a break once in a while and patting yourself on the back for a good job done. We all deserve applause when we are able to achieve a great goal.
For this particular article, you are going to be taken through all you need to know about how to keep your plumbing business in shape and stay in business. You’ll find details of:
What SEO for plumbers is?
What to expect from a good SEO strategy.
How to get more leads and booked jobs.
What Is SEO for Plumbers?
SEO for Plumbers is simply a search engine optimization process of editing and creating website content and code on your plumbing company’s website so that every single web page can rank on the first page of search engines like Google, Yahoo and Firefox. To become visible in the online space, you have to put in a number of strategies to achieve this. You can consider the following:
- Offsite Factors & Reviews– one of the most important factors that contribute to the success of any business is the response and views of customers about the business. This is not different from the plumbing service business too. Customers are fond of sharing their concerns about what you say about your business. This can be about what you’ve displayed in your physical office or on your website. As a result, you must be able to generate five-star reviews on Google My Business and other places on the web to create a winning plumbing SEO strategy. You must also earn some high-quality backlinks from other relevant and authoritative plumbing websites. This is why you shouldn’t take your customer service for granted.
What your customers say about your business can provide you with so much information to know what you’re doing right or wrong. At the end of the day, your customers interact with more people than you do and so they hold the power to bring you more customers depending on what they think about your business.
2. Onsite Content– this is also known as content marketing. Content marketing is a unique marketing style that concentrates on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and keep a defined set of customers. In the end, its goal is to cause customers to take action on the services you provide.
It is evident that traditional marketing is not yielding the desired results as compared to the past. This is why for your SEO strategy to give you the needed results, you must be forward thinking to employ this means of making every page unique and exceptional.
Research has shown that content marketing is being used by the majority of marketers in several industries and the plumbing industry isn’t an exception. It’s handled by little businesses and individually owned enterprises around the world. This is simply because this method works.
3. Site Code & Structure– Here we talk about how well your website is organized. It’s true that most websites are now constructed with the help of a web content management system (CMS).
This is a good tool that doesn’t make you see the details of the code that makes up your site. However, it is still important to have firm know-how of basic codes and principles. For example, one just cannot become a good musician without being able to read music. In the same way one’s inability to read musical charts will be a lifelong impediment to becoming a great musician. It’s the same with web technologies: much of the foundational concepts and abilities of the web will remain a mystery to you if you don’t understand at least basic HTML.
Hence your ability to fix this will allow search engines to easily locate, crawl and rank all your web pages on your website through coding. Bear in mind that your website must be fast, secure, and mobile-friendly, if you want your site visitors to stay on for long.
WONDERING WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A WINNING SEO STRATEGY FOR PLUMBERS?
You need to create a long-term, sustainable lead generation engine like high-ranking plumbing marketing campaigns for your company through SEO for plumbers. This can be done by:
- Increasing website traffic to your company’s website.
- Topping up your sales funnel with high-quality plumbing leads directly within your preferred cities and niche areas.
- Enhancing your keyword rankings on search engines for keywords like “plumber,” “plumbing company,” “plumbers near me,” “hot water heater installation,” and other keywords with high buying intent from homeowners.
Did you know that almost 50% of clicks go to the top three rankings on search engine results pages, and out of that, 90% of all clicks happen on page one?
Electric Marketing Group can help you generate more phone calls, more website traffic, as well as higher keyword rankings. We have the best plumbing SEO experts who are helping several plumbing companies and contractors across the United States. These companies are receiving massive returns through their search engine optimizations in their plumber SEO strategies.
Be assured you’ve come to the experts. Electric Marketing Group has helped several plumbing companies take their businesses to the next level. We are the ultimate digital marketing company with a track record in SEO services that understand the plumbing industry.
Get in touch now for a quick assessment and custom recommendations on how we can help transform your plumbing business for the better.
Plumber SEO: How to Increase Leads and Booked Jobs
At Electric Marketing Group, we use our unique process of plumber SEO to TRACK, TEST, TWEAK, and REPEAT. You simply can’t keep doing the same old things and expect new results. It just doesn’t work. If you want new results, you definitely need to review your system of work. Your business will grow through our unique process below:
1. PERFORM A DIGITAL COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- We show you how your topmost competitors are ahead of you in your service niche. A lot of people are doing business without knowing what their competitors are doing. The secret to the success of most businesses is that they always have an eye that looks out for what their competitors are doing. That is not to say you need to stop what you are doing and concentrate on them, no. But it will do you a lot of good if you observed what your competition is doing to stay in the game.
- We will use our unique system to show you who your competitors are, what they are doing to stay competitive and how they are doing it.
- You’ll get a baseline explaining the performance of your website’s code and structure, onsite content, search engine visibility, off-site trade citations, and compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driven method for your plumber SEO strategy. We don’t leave our clients hanging with surface information. We believe in details. This is why our professional staff will explain all the technical details in simple words to your understanding. We just don’t want to work for you, we want you to know what we are doing for you.
- We offer you unique plumbing SEO recommendations to escalate your keyword rankings, produce more website traffic, and how to load the top of your sales funnel with high-quality, serviceable leads. Many people like to stick to one thing the moment they know it works. It’s good. But won’t you appreciate other equally efficient ways that produce similar or better results?
At Electric Marketing Group, we are not a one-way service provider. We offer you a variety of options that work for you to decide what to go with.
2. OPTIMIZE WEBSITE CODE & WEB PAGE CONTENT
- We’ll put up advanced Google Analytics and unique call tracking on your website to track the origin of new customer leads and make data-driven marketing recommendations for your plumbing company. It is important to know your customers, and I don’t just mean knowing their names. The online marketing space has become so competitive you have to go the extra mile if you want to keep a customer, even for life.
This is where our advanced Google Analytics and our unique call tracking system come into play. You need to know where your customers are coming from. This will tell you which locations are in need of your services and which locations are not.
You are able to focus and concentrate your energies to maximize your efforts on areas that bring in more sales.
- Your plumbing website will be fast, secure (highly recommended), and mobile-friendly. Identity protection is one of the most concerns of customers that search the internet. Customers need to know that any business they transact on your website is safe. Not just safety, but they also want to feel that freedom and flexibility when surfing your website. You’ll gain more customers and their trust when your website is able to assure them of their safety, and when they are able to interact freely on your website.
- We’ll edit and audit your website’s code and structure to be in sync with leading plumber SEO best practices. For every work you put out, it must be in sync with standard practice.
One of the major factors contributing to the low ranking is the poor structure and content of most websites. Your website must be top-notch in every way to gain authority and credibility. This is the best known way to gain the needed recognition by Google for your website to move up in ranking.
That is why we go the entire mile to cover every space needed and known in SEO.
- We’ll edit and optimize the existing web pages on your website for maximum keyword rankings and search visibility. A lot of people have published their websites but they’re simply invisible. This is mostly because they are not positioning themselves well to be found.
Your website is found when it contains what people are searching for. This is why you need to optimize with the right keywords. Every searcher uses particular keywords or phrases to find services on the internet. It is our duty to let you know which keywords are missing from your website and causing your business not to be found.
- A conversion rate optimization (CRO) will be done on all website elements like contact forms, buttons, and navigational links to ensure an optimal experience for your customers.
What elements on your website are giving you the most conversions? Where are your call to action buttons placed on your website? Are your navigation links strategically placed to allow site visitors surfe your website without difficulty.
All these will be checked and corrected on all your websites to ensure the best experience for your site visitors.
3. CREATE NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND ASSETS
- Your website will be updated multiple times regularly with fresh, locally targeted website content that improves your local search rankings and provides an effortless user experience.
Who likes old stuff? I believe you’re always excited with fresh news and ideas. Particularly, if you can relate to it. Most websites are rarely updated with fresh content. This is a contributing factor to high bounce rates. Also which audience are you targeting with your content?
All these must be checked if you want to see positive results in your Plumbing SEO strategy.
We will update your website several times with new content that locally targets the right audience to improve your search rankings.
- Our in-house copywriters, digital designers, and other teams will work with you to create SEO-optimized website assets like infographics, blog posts, custom images, and more.
No one wants to work with amateurs, especially in a competitive market. There’s simply no room for mistakes. We have some of the best copywriters and digital designers who are always ready to give tailor made solutions.
- Your website and all content will be optimized for easy voice search. Voice search has become one of the features most online searchers are using to find services these days.
Electric Marketing Group will ensure that your website is brought up to speed with this feature.
4. BUILD LOCAL BUSINESS CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing business citations across online directories like Google My Business and more, including industry-specific directories. People need to know whether your business really exists or not. How can they verify? Your business citations and online directories provide this information. You therefore need to keep updating them when necessary. It can be very confusing and disturbing when looking for a needle in a pile of hay. When your business is listed under the right industry, it makes it easy for your business to be located.
- Your plumbing company’s Google My Business page will be optimized, including regular check-ins on your business address or service area, phone number, business hours, maps listing, questions and answers, reviews, and more.
More businesses create a Google business listing to gain visibility online. This is also officially known as a Business Profile). One of the things you might not realize if you’re one of such businesses is that you don’t have management rights over your Business Profile when you create it. But you need such management and editing rights if your business Profile is to work effectively as an efficient SEO and a tool generating high leads.
To get access to manage your Google Business Profile, you have to create a free Business Profile and separately create a free Google My Business account for that profile as well.
- Your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices for plumbers will be optimized.
Facebook has undoubtedly become the most effective and efficient social media platform to sell one’s business. With the right technical know-how, you can increase your chances of increasing leads that can lead to more sales.
- We will find existing business citations, manage verified citations, discover new opportunities to create more business citations, and monitor local directories and backlink opportunities to build topical authority in your plumbing company’s SEO campaign.
Authority is everything when it comes to being able to make sales online. Everyone wants to make sure he’s got the right guy for his job.
You can gain authority through the endorsements of other service providers within your industry or previous customers you’ve worked for.
We will help your business find these existing business citations and links to create topical authority in your plumbing business’s SEO campaign.
5. HOST MONTHLY REPORT CALLS
- We’ll provide easy-to-understand monthly reports regularly, detailing the status and results of your plumbing SEO strategy, in addition to our next recommendation to promote the success of your campaign.
Reports give you an overview of work progress at any given time. This helps you to make informed decisions about your next line of action. Our reporting systems are provided in simple language and are easy to understand.
This will be done on a monthly basis with details on the status of your plumbing SEO strategy.
- We’ll monitor your Google Analytics, keyword rankings, and breaking industry news updates regularly to swiftly catch declines in organic traffic, search engine algorithm updates, or other sales-damaging issues.
It can be a daunting task managing and monitoring every aspect of your business all by yourself. We take off that pressure to monitor your Google Analytics and other keyword rankings on your website for you.
- We’ll segment new customer leads from existing customer leads, giving you and key partners full insight into the performance of your plumber SEO campaign results. It is always good to know who just joined your customer base. This way, you’re able to schedule specific services to such customers to help them settle in with your services.
This is why we segment new customer leads from existing customer leads.
You and your key partners will receive detailed insight into how your plumbing SEO is performing.
6. TRACK, TEST, AND TWEAK YOUR SEO CAMPAIGN
- We’ll track the performance of your SEO campaign in more detail than you’ve ever seen before. After setting you up for success in your plumbing SEO campaign, we don’t just leave it there. We’ll keep track of how your SEO campaign is performing to every single occurrence on your website.
- We’ll test new ideas, proven strategies, and other SEO tactics most relevant to your plumbing company’s SEO campaign.
- We’ll tweak and manage your strategy as needed for continuous campaign improvements. Where things need to be modified, they will be modified to keep up with modern trends. This is to ensure your business is always up to date with modern practices and what appeals to the current online searcher.
Why SEO Is The Best Plumbing Marketing Strategy
Constantly, more and more people are searching for the services of plumbers every month in their home area. There are over 90% of online users who are clicking on the first-page search results. This can only mean one thing. If you are offering plumbing services and your company can’t be found on the first page of Google search results, you’re losing potential customers.
Don’t be like most plumbing companies that receive about 15 emails a day with proposals to rank their website at top of Google’s first page of search results. At Electric Marketing Group, we provide you with the highest level of transparency and excellent customer service.
Our performance in providing SEO for plumbing companies is second to none. This means when you allow us to work for you, we understand what we are doing because we know more about the plumbing industry and plumber SEO than any other digital marketing company you probably know of.
Your checklist for selecting an SEO company for your plumbing company. Always ask these questions before engaging the services of an SEO company.
- Adherence to search engine webmaster guidelines
- Company’s ability to increase leads
- What happens to your website when you want to move on?
SEO for Plumbers: Our Processes in More Detail
STEP 1: COMPREHENSIVE WEBSITE TRACKING & AUDIT
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every plumber marketing service Electric Marketing Group provides. We market our clients’ businesses as if we owned them ourselves. To provide you with intelligent decisions about your advertising, marketing, SEO, and website, we must first evaluate your marketing the same way a great accountant would review your financials. Most SEO companies brag about rankings and traffic. Guess what? Neither of these metrics matters if you do not see increased booked jobs, revenue, and profit from organic searches (for terms other than your company name!).
SEO is a zero-sum game, which means that for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog websites which are currently perceived to be better optimized than your site. One of the most common questions plumbers and plumbing contractors ask us is, “how much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the other plumbing companies in your area.
A plumber SEO audit would include:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from the owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other plumbing SEO company has—it’s the only SEO software specially designed for the HVAC and plumbing industry!)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online— linkscape, social media and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive questions and answers)
STEP 2: BASIC, TECHNICAL SEO IMPROVEMENT TO YOUR PLUMBING WEBSITE
Assessing the results from the SEO audit, the second step in the SEO process is to make any basic improvements required to facilitate your ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google, you need well- optimized onsite content; however, if your website is not coded and structured correctly, the search engines will never see the great content you create. If code and site structure issues are identified during the SEO audit and assessment process, they must be fixed before any content optimizations occur.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like
- revising your plumbing website’s title and meta tags,
- renaming various web pages,
- giving your website files a more logical structure,
- improving your site speed (load speed is a known ranking factor),
- enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content
- recoding your website onto a content management system (CMS).
STEP 3: CONTENT CREATION AND CONTENT MARKETING
Completing the basic steps, and with the right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site allows you to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
The content of your website must be targeted to your top keywords, but it also must establish your company as the authority for what you do in the markets you do it.
Most plumbers and plumbing companies hate creating website copy! That’s not a problem—Electric Marketing Group specializes in creating unique, original, relevant and authoritative content specifically for the plumbing industry.
STEP 4: OPTIMIZATION OF OFFSITE FACTORS AND LOCAL SEO
Finally, to complete the SEO process, you need to optimize your overall footprint on the web, starting with your Google My Business page. Why is this so? A lot of the time, most homeowners and property managers want a plumber that’s within their area. Therefore, immediately they do geographically related searches like “plumbing company”, Google and other search engines show what’s called the local pack (i.e. Map listings).
Again, this is important because a customer will feel more comfortable calling a service provider he knows can get to his locations in no time.
Know that this is one of the easiest things to do and it’s free. Taking advantage of this free Google service can help you build an attractive business profile that can help attract some new customers. Especially, if your plumbing business is located in other locations, creating a business page for each of these locations together with their corresponding phone numbers can be a game changer.
When you set up your page, your business will be verified by Google. This is done through a One Time Password (OTP) sent through the post to your business address and it usually takes up to 7 working days at most.
With our local SEO services, we’ll do all that and update it regularly with the latest information.
At Electric Marketing Group, we are committed to giving our customers the best of experience when it comes to helping businesses grow in quality leads and sales, through our professional SEO services. However, if you’re still wondering if SEO is the way to go for your plumbing business, here are a few positives/advantages to help you decide:
- You can identify and target the right audience
- SEO can build customer trust for your business
- You can offer the best user experience to visitors through SEO
- You can promote your business 24/7
- You can establish yourself as an authority and leader in your industry
- SEO can offer a high conversion rate
Do you want to join our numerous clients giving wonderful testimonies about how they changed the course of their businesses for the better? Contact us now and talk to our customer-friendly professionals who are ready to walk you through the whole process again at no cost; so why wait, get in touch now and let’s help you make that difference you’ve been looking forward to. Your business deserves that positive turn around, and Electric Marketing Group can help you make that happen.