Home Service Web Design
Web design for home service companies such as electricians, plumbers, and HVAC contractors is crucial to the success of these businesses. An aesthetically pleasing website is one thing. A website that is built to convert is another.
CONTRACTOR WEB DESIGN
As a home service company, your website is arguably your most important marketing asset, and if it isn’t growing your business, it’s time for a new one. Consider this: More than 3.5 billion Google searches are made every day. In the digital landscape of today’s business world, every company needs a website—it acts as your virtual sales rep 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, is outdated, doesn’t convert visitors into leads, or simply isn’t up to your satisfaction, you need professional website design services from a home service marketing company that makes the process easy.
Website design for contractors
Characteristics of a Sales-Driving Website Design
Wondering why your competitors are outperforming you? It most likely has something to do with their website and what’s on it:
- Your website needs to be visible – When we say visible, we mean in search engines like Google. Over 90% of online experiences begin with a search engine, so your website needs to be optimized for the best search engine optimization (SEO) practices. When you choose our website design company, you’re guaranteed to have a website optimized for SEO.
- Your website needs to be mobile-friendly – 57% of all US online traffic now comes from smartphones and tablets, and 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. If that’s not enough to convince you, Google also ranks mobile-friendly websites higher in the search engine results.
- Your website needs to be secure – Data breaches and hacked consumer information have been big topics of discussion recently—and your website visitors know this. If your website has any place where users can fill in personal information (even if it’s just a phone number and email address) it needs to be secure. Google also gives a slight ranking boost to secured websites in their search results.
- Your website needs to be fast – Website visitors need to see something happen on your site in under three seconds. If not, 40% of them will leave and go to another website. Even a one-second delay can cause a 7% reduction in conversions—resulting in less revenue generated from your website.
- Your website needs an optimal user experience – Once your page loads, users form an opinion in 0.5 seconds. They expect to be able to find information easily and quickly—especially from a mobile device.
Electric Marketing Group (EMG) is a premier marketing agency specifically for home service contractors. We help home services companies create an authoritative presence online and implement digital marketing strategies that result in increased leads, sales, and raving fans.
Our passion is marketing the underdogs—the “challenger brands” in advertising speak.
- Data Driven Decisions
- Virtual Sales Rep
- Online Portfolio
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Competitive Advantage
Everything on the Web can—and should—be tracked. You can’t win the game if you don’t know the score. Capturing more accurate and granular information about the performance of each of your marketing strategies (traditional and online advertising) allows you to see opportunities and problem areas your competitors cannot. Your new marketing mantra should be: TRACK > TEST > TWEAK > REPEAT.
Too many business owners and companies (continue to) treat their website as if it were a digital brochure. Your website is NOT a brochure; it’s a virtual sales rep—an economic engine capable of catapulting your business to new levels of growth. Unlike a sales rep, your website will never ask you for a vacation or leave you for a higher-paying job. But like a sales rep, your website performs best when it is accurately measured and tracked; when it has clear goals, and when it is properly managed. Your website is your single most valuable marketing asset. Make sure you’re investing in it appropriately and that you have the right team in charge of overseeing and managing it.
The web is a real estate game. If you want to successfully market your business online, you need to cost-effectively maximize your Web “footprint.” You should start by maximizing your real estate in the search engine results because search engines are one of the few advertising channels where you can cost-effectively put your business directly in front of people with interest and intent. Every page of your website, social media site, niche blog, industry directory, etc. is another piece of real estate capable of converting visitors into leads.
To get more Web traffic and leads, you need to continually optimize your visit-to-sale conversion rate. The more effective your company’s sales process is, the more marketing options you have. If all other things are equal (average revenue per sale, gross margin, etc.), a company that converts twice as many Web visits into leads can afford to pay twice as much per click or visit. Being able to pay more per click or visit allows you to bid higher in the PPC listings and spend more on SEO—both of which ultimately result in more traffic and leads.
The most successful companies online are those that establish themselves as THE authority for what they do in their respective markets. Over an extended period of time, there is no marketing substitute capable of trumping genuine authority. With “traditional media,” big brands have a huge advantage because they can afford to “rent” access to a target audience from the few companies that control it. In the new media world of the web, this is no longer the case.
Businesses of all sizes have the opportunity to build their own audience (something you can own as opposed to renting). To build an audience, you need to create great content—content that delivers genuine value to your target market. To become an authority, you have to focus on your customers—not your competitors.
What’s Included In Our Web Design Services
- Website hosting (optional)
- Website security (optional)
- Custom website designs (including multiple page templates)
- Custom website coding and development
- Optimization for SEO
- Existing content import
- Advanced analytics tracking
- Lead form creation and tracking
- Website compatibility across all browsers and devices
- Integration with social media pages
- XML sitemap creation and submission
- And more
HOW MUCH DO WEBSITE DESIGN SERVICES COST?
One question we get a lot is “How much does a website cost?”
Truthfully, you can find websites for pretty much any price—but you get what you pay for.
Here’s what goes into the cost of a website:
- Hosting – This is the service or company providing space on the internet for your website. Hosting providers include WPEngine (our recommendation if you have a WordPress website), GoDaddy, InMotion, and others.
- Domain name – This is shown as www.yourcompany.com, and is usually a yearly payment.
- Design – Some designs are free, others cost money.
- Plugins and extensions – Typically, the more plugins you want, the more expensive a website gets.
- The complexity of design – The more customized your website is, the more expensive it will be.
Our web design services for home service companies aren’t one size fits all—there are no cookie-cutter solutions, at least not from the best companies. A good website design agency will help you figure out the best type of website for your business. What’s important is that your website is beautiful, thoughtfully laid out, and lead-focused.
You also need to continually update it to keep up with the modern customer’s expectations. Most website designs only have a life expectancy of 2-5 years.
A professional home services web design and digital marketing company, like Electric Marketing Group, can help with this. Did we mention that we use years of data to guide our designs? You’re guaranteed to get a high-performing, lead-driving website.